Does the thought of working alongside a team of medical professionals, helping patients recover from their injuries and working in a hospital or clinic environment excite you? If so, a career as an Orthopaedic Technician may be the right career for you.
As an Orthopaedic Technician, you will work directly with orthopaedic surgeons. Orthopaedic technology involves the application and removal of casts, splints, and braces. You will also work with, and instruct patients in caring for their injuries.
The program at Westervelt College provides a balance of both theory and hands-on experience. During your clinical labs, you will learn how to cast and splint, gain an understanding of how to operate and adjust traction equipment, crutches, walkers, and other aides. In the Patient Care course, you will learn how to provide instructions to patients.
Uniforms are included in the program fees. Financial Assistance may be available for those who qualify. For assistance, please contact our Admissions team for more information.
- OSSD or equivalent successful completion of the qualifying entrance exam (available to mature students 18 years or older)
- Government Issued Photo ID
- Privacy of Personal Information (PIPEDA)
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS)
- Completion of the Westervelt College Health Form