The Intra-Oral Dental Assistant program at Westervelt College in Windsor, Brantford, London & Kitchener, Ontario provides training for individuals looking for a rewarding career working in an oral healthcare setting. Intra-Oral Dental Assistants help dentists during examinations and treatments. They also provide direct client care, educate clients on the importance of oral health and perform basic laboratory duties and manage client records.
Intra-Oral Dental Assistants work in a variety of dental settings including general dentistry, specialized dentistry, operative dentistry & dental sales in London, Brantford, Windsor & Kitchener, Ontario. They can have a variety of titles including:
- Intra-Oral Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant/Administrator
- Dental Office Assistant
- Preventative Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant/ Receptionist
Areas of employment for Intra-Oral Dental Assistants in Southwestern Ontario are:
- Dental Clinics
- Private Practices
- University Clinics
- Dental Supply Companies
- Public Health Centres
- OSSD or equivalent successful completion of the qualifying entrance exam (available to mature students 18 years or older)
- Assessment interview to determine suitability for the Intra-Oral Dental Assisting program
- Completion of Westervelt College Health Form.