Be a vital member of a pharmacy! From helping to prepare prescribed medication to answering the phone, inventory management, and operating cash registers, Retail Pharmacy Assistants play an essential role in the operation of a community pharmacy.
The 6 month Retail Pharmacy Assistant diploma program will provide you with an interactive learning experience on key topics such as compounding and dispensing prescriptions. You will be prepared for all aspects of the job.
At the end of your program, you will participate in a 6-week Community Practicum where you will have the opportunity to perform the duties learned in class and in the lab in a real-world community retail pharmacy setting. The practicum placement will be arranged through the college.
Financial assistance is available to students who qualify. For assistance, please contact our Admissions team for more information.
The Westervelt Retail Pharmacy Assistant diploma program is designed to provide you with the hands-on training and theoretical knowledge you need to find success within the pharmacy setting.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Drugs and Abbreviations
- Stress Management, Professionalism, Grammar & Communication
- Prescription Calculations & Compounding Solutions
- Dosage Forms, Routes of Administration & Prescription Language
- CPR & Safety
- Patient Compliance, Diagnostic Aids & Pharmaceutical Elegance
- Pharmacy Services in Retail Setting & Related Legislation
- Computer Skills
Career opportunities for Retail Pharmacy Assistant graduates exist in retail pharmacies all across Ontario.
Ares of Employment for Retail Pharmacy Graduates:
- Retail Pharmacies
- Public & Private School Boards
- Home Healthcare Facilities
- Community Pharmacies
- Long-Term Facilities
- Public Health Service